fresh lemon, ginger + honey herbal tea
Many people look to this incredible trio as a 'cold remedy' or when they are feeling under the weather. But, for us - Lemon, Ginger & Honey is a go-to herbal blend.
Ginger is known to be an incredible friend to your stomach. It's said to improve digestion; help relieve nausea; has anti-inflammatory properties; strengthens the immune system and reduces congestion. Lemon is a terrific source of vitamin C and is known to improve skin quality. Honey is rich in antioxidants and can help improve cholesterol. Together, they are an unbelievable elixir that combats nearly any ailment.
We ALWAYS make ours fresh, that's why we don't sell it. Many bagged options combine these flavors in artificial infusions, but they can't compare to the sharp characteristics of a freshly made cup. We recommend you follow our lead on this one; we're sure you won't regret it.
Here's what you'll need for two cups:
A knob of ginger (1-2 inches)
One tablespoon honey (at least)
Here's what you'll do:
We're very lax on these instructions. There's no exact science to it. Want it sweeter? Add more honey. Want it spicier? Add more ginger. It's your cup; you do as you please. These are just guidelines.
1. Peel and slice your ginger into small rounds. 2. Slice the lemon in half. From one half, cut two slices (or wedges) and put them into your mugs.
3. Put your ginger into a small pot and add about two cups of water
4. Boil the ginger. We like to let it steep to get that spicy ginger flavor. You can steep anywhere from 5-30 minutes to your liking. Don't forget to cover the pot, so you don't lose water.
5. After the ginger is boiling, squeeze half a lemon into the brew.
6. Prep your mug with a lemon slice (or wedge) and a squeeze of honey at the bottom.
7. Pour the ginger water into your cup over the lemon and honey and enjoy!
Be sure to share photos with us of your brew with the hashtag #ShareOneTea and write your version in the comments below.